Dear Tushar,
We all remember images from the pandemic last year, people waiting hour upon hour in food lines, hoping to receive a few bags groceries to help feed their families after millions lost their jobs.
We are still feeling pandemic supply-chain impacts, made worse by high prices at the pump and grocery checkout counters that are skyrocketing out of control.
Everyday families and individuals visit United Way food programs, unable to keep up with the rising cost of living, some for the first time in their lives, like Maria.
Maria and her daughter are struggling. Maria had to take a job she could work from home to offset the cost of childcare. Her income, now drastically reduced from what she earned pre-pandemic, barely pays her rent. “I’ve been coming to the pantry for four months; I can’t believe how expensive everything is now. My rent is $1,400 a month and I only make $450 a week. After I pay my other bills there is nothing left for food.”
There are too many stories like Maria’s. When you donate to a United Way food pantry, you provide families with enough nutritious food for two weeks or more. Bread, meat, fresh vegetables, milk, rice, pasta, and canned food.
This is the worst economic crisis the US has seen in years, and families like Maria’s need your help.
0 Comments